Vancouver Artwork Gallery celebrates document yr of attendance


30 Oranges and 30 Grapefruits by Gathie Falk proven in A Curator’s View: Ian Thom Selects on the Vancouver Artwork Gallery, Sept. 22, 2018 to March 17, 2019. Photograph: Kevin Griffin [PNG Merlin Archive]


The Vancouver Artwork Gallery says it has set a brand new attendance document of greater than 600,000 in 2017-18. The gallery says the determine beats final yr’s attendance by near 100,000. Membership handed 37,000, it mentioned in a information launch. “Wanting again, it has been, by all accounts, a milestone yr for the gallery marked by distinctive applications, document attendance and income,” Kathleen S. Bartels, VAG director, mentioned within the launch. The VAG’s numbers embrace attendance on the gallery and an estimate of the quantity of people that visited Offsite, the gallery’s public artwork website on West Georgia. The VAG’s numbers have been boosted by two main exhibitions: Claude Monet’s Secret Backyard in the summertime of 2017 and Takashi Murakami: The Octopus Eats Its Personal Leg earlier this yr. The gallery introduced that it has acquired 240 new artwork works which brings the entire within the assortment to nearly 12,000. The gallery’s whole operational income was $21.four million, which exceeded budgeted expectations by $1.four million. Admissions generated nearly $5 million, memberships $1.25 million and retail gross sales $3.9 million. Mixed with personal sector fundraising and funds from its endowment, that income accounted for 82 per cent; the remaining 18 per cent got here from authorities sources.  

READ  Michael Shannon would possibly signal on to glower at individuals in Rian Johnson's new homicide thriller


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here